For a couple of years now, I’ve been putting together a Sewist Gift Guide to help others like me who don’t know what to ask for. Most of these gifts are sewing, knitting and DIY-related. Some items I’ve listed because I share this post with my family (*hint hint*) but maybe you’ll find them useful. Here’s what I’m asking for this year:
- A table top sewing light. I’ve tried so many things, but what I really need is something powerful that will sit on my sewing table. Sewing in the winter is hard. I’m really into this pretty pink OttLite.
- A hot hemmer. This thing looks so cool and pressing is the #1 easiest thing to do to make your sewing look better.
- This little pie pin cushion is adorable.
- I’ve been asking for years, but I still want a set of macaron pattern weights.
- A sleeve board. I have a sleeve roll, but I feel like one of these would really up my game.
- Dehydrator liners. I make my own granola sometimes because nut-free granola is hard to find. We have a no nuts at breakfast rule because I worry too much about kids in my daughter’s class with anaphylaxis.
- Stitch markers for knitting that look like little socks.
- A wooden hairbrush. I have been using the same dollar store plastic comb for like ten years. It’s time.
- Books about clothes! Here are a few I’ve read and highly recommend: The Paris Dressmaker. Not Our Kind. The Last Collection. The Gown. One I haven’t read yet and am really interested in is The Dressmakers of Auschwitz.