If you’re like me, your parents or in-laws are hounding you for Christmas gift ideas. I thought I would share my list to give you ideas (or make it easy for you to pass on to your loved ones!) This year, I’m expanding beyond just sewing as I know many of you are also general crafters/parents/into sustainability. (And here’s last year’s guide if you want even more ideas!)
Stuff I am lusting after this year:
- An expandable button guide. I put it on my list last year and still want it. I make sooo many shirts and this would be sooo helpful!
- A 1/4 inch bias tape maker. I have a half-incher, but I find I’m using bias tape more often on hems and end up trimming.
- A loop turner. I hate turning drawstrings and spaghetti straps and maybe this will make it better?
- These adorable snips. One hundred per cent because they are pretty.
- An iron protector. These help avoid accidentally your iron accidentally spitting and scorching your fabric.
- Fray stop. I ALWAYS need more
- Fun labels for handmade clothes. I’ve run out of my custom ones and I need a way to mark the back!
- A knitting kit! I love the idea of these because I always fail to select the right wool for a project and this takes out the guesswork. I looooove this one in Cameo Rose…
- Bath and body products from Lush. We’ve been trying to eliminate single-use plastics from our home and really appreciate Lush’s naked products or really recyclable packaging.
- Shave soap. I stopped using aerosol shaving cream a very long time year ago but haven’t taken the time to find a good replacement. I switched to a safety razor this year and feel like I need to upgrade my shave cream from conditioner I’ve been using for years.
- Antoni from Queer Eye’s cookbook. I love this guy and I love food, so I feel like I will love this book.
- Yum and Yummer. I’ve heard good things about this book and am always looking for new dairy-free/meatless/vegan dinner ideas.
3 thoughts on “The 2019 Sewist Gift Guide”
Friendly soap make a shave soap bar.. it’s inexpensive and lasts ages. No nasties in there either. You can get it from the ethical superstore. I think local zero waste shops will stock it too. Maybe holland and Barrett will have it.
[…] are lists from years past: 2019, […]
[…] you’re looking for more ideas, check out Gift Guides from years past: 2020, 2019, […]