Done and done: The “Gwen” skirt

This is possibly the longest I’ve ever taken to complete a single garment. It started when I pulled my sister-in-law’s name for our family secret santa. Hot off a pattern alteration course, I decided that I wanted to design the ultimate skirt for Gwen. Several paper drafts, fittings and two muslins later, I finally got…

The pain of matching patterns and discovering wearing ease

I am so glad I picked easy patterns for the blouse and skirt, because matching up the checks ended up being a huge pain. In doing my research, I discovered that pinning the fabric together when folded made sure that the checks stayed flat. I found that the pins had a tendency to move, so…