I recently took a class to make an unlined blazer resembling the classic Chanel jacket. I made a basic black version in class and whipped this one up over the weekend as homework. Because I couldn’t not make a jacket to look like the Chanel runway styles, I altered my pattern a little and added some flourishes.
This is an unlined jacket, but the fabric is a pretty loose weavr bouclé, so I interlined it with white fabric. Im not sure I’d interline anything again. I tried on the disastrous green plaid skirt and only had mildly more sucess this time. It involved a lot of steam and pressing.
The original pattern has buttons, but you can see this jacket has a frog closure. With the advice of my instructor, I easily changed my pattern to meet in the middle instead overlapping. I also added pockets and butt-load of trim.
He trim was by far my favourite part (and the longest) to make. I did a lot for experimenting, but I absolutely love the way it look. I’ll be posting a post on making trim soon as I definitely learned a lot!